Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Hard Rock Cafe, Universal Resort, Orlando Florida

Even after years of vacationing in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (great town), my family has never been to a Hard Rock Cafe. Since our vacation to the Orlando/Kissimmee Florida area was coming up, we decided to visit some restaurants that we had never been to before. My choice was Rainforest Cafe, and my brother chose the Hard Rock Cafe.

Where do I begin?

Well, perhaps by saying that this particular Hard Rock Cafe was huge, part of it shaped like the Collosseum. Because we went very early in the evening (before 6, I believe) there was no wait to be seated, and my family (parents, brother, one set of grandparents, and bachelor uncle) were all led to our seats, in the CBGB section of the restaurant. (We sat under Billy Joe Armstrong's guitar). TVs on the walls constantly play either music videos or footage of a performance at Hard Rock Live (a hall attached to the restaurant).

The first flavor that I experienced was the tea. I'm a native Southerner, so I'm always on the quest to find the perfect sweet tea. (A White Castle in Nashville, TN came very close). Hard Rock Cafe has some of the best sweet tea I've had in a while. Not too sweet, and plenty of tea flavor. Loved it.

Then came the food. I shared a very large burger with my mom. It had provolone, bacon, granny smith apples, and onions. The flavors that were combined there were amazing, and splitting the burger still made me quite full. Dessert did not fail to impress. I had never had creme brulee before, and seeing it in the shot glass size popular in restaurants now convinced me to get one. Mom got the chocolate mousse, and we mixed them together.

Ambrosia, let me tell you.

The service was excellent, and everyone was very friendly. The highlight of the night? The music video that stopped in the middle and made way for "Thriller."

The Hard Rock Cafe Orlando is located in Universal City Walk. You'll have to walk a bit to get there, if you aren't staying in the resort, but it's worth it.

We liked it so much, we were back the next night for more creme brulee and chocolate mousse.

No comments:

Post a Comment